Little mention in the English-speaking press on the death-by-suicide of André Gorz, founder of the newspaper, Nouvel Observateur, and whose Écologie et politique (1975) introduced Marxist analysis to the (ab)use of environment. Even in the French press, more attention has been given to his last work, Lettres a D., affectionately written about his wife, who took her own life as well.
- La mort choisie by Jacques Julliard
- André Gorz, Philosophe
- Partir avec elle by Jean Daniel, longtime collaborator
- Last page of Lettres à D., which discusses death
- André Gorz ou la conversation d’un exilé
- André Gorz, une écologie politique at NaturaVox (recommended)